Gravity & Environment are the two main aspects upon which a posture depends. Posture is an alignment of the musculoskeletal system that can affect the internal system too. Postural Restoration is an evolved form of study of human bio-mechanics. It is an integrative & holistic approach of healing. It provides tools to evaluate underlying & unknown cause of pain, dysfunction and helps in significant recovery from trauma.
As Ida Rolph says “Seeing is Touching the Body through Eyes” and after learning “Body Reading” with my favorite “Tom Myers” I do postural restoration from ground up and treat my client. Hence a poor Posture leads to overall health deterioration. We read a person’s static & dynamic posture & hence help to strive the best possible postured restoration.
Posture is dynamic in nature and can be defined as the relative position of the body at any point of time. Human body has innumerable postures like a sitting posture, lying down posture, standing posture and playing sports. In terms of musculoskeletal relationships between the right and left side of the body, they can be characterized as a form of bio-mechanical linkage.
We aim to work on the asymmetry of the posture, treat it and make it right. Working on posture is our primary objective to help our clients with the correct posture. It can be through manual and non-manual techniques in order to restore position of a common pattern present in all humans. When a human body, properly positioned, aligned and balanced, the joints and muscles in the body can work in a more effective and efficient manner.
Posture is alignment/stacking of bones over each other with minimal load on ligaments, effortless/minimal muscle contraction. If a static Posture is not healthy than dynamics of any movement is compromised & joints, ligaments, muscles, lymph, blood circulation, nutrition to tissue are all affected. So basically I would rate posture in the top most position for causing many dysfunctions in the body.
Ailments & Symptoms
- Chronic fatigue, Scoliosis, Regular headaches, Migraine, Tension in head & neck, Shoulder, back, knee & hip pains, Breathing & other respiratory issues, TMJ and poor athletic performance.
- Over exertion can damage the muscles permanently. It is very important to figure out which are the overused or dominating muscles in the body that needs to be turned off or inhibited.
Postural Exercise & Techniques
- The best treatment depends on the best assessment, Our exercises include proper breathing exercises, correct alignment of the body and balancing among the different muscles of the body. These techniques can also help in repositioning the rib cage, pelvis & other parts of the body.
- Muscles remaining inactive and underused for a long time need to work actively in order to balance the symmetry of the body hence these muscles need to be turned on or facilitated and the tight muscles need to be released.
- These include carefully constructed exercises to restore neutral alignment to the musculoskeletal system. It focuses in teaching the person how to feel the activation of corrective postural muscles and maintain their optimal health and vitality in day-to-day life.